International Women's Day Luncheon 2018
We are pleased to announce that tickets for the International Women's Day Luncheon on Thursday 8th March are now sold out!
We look forward to welcoming many members and non-members to our special event. Three speakers will be in attendance and we look forward to hearing from the following inspiring women:
• Professor Leanne Hodson left school before completing her final year. A few years later, while doing an evening class in sports physiology and nutrition, she found she wanted to understand more about nutrition and human health. Now she is a professor at Oxford University and a leading expert on human metabolism, and will speak about women in science and her own field.
• Major Lucy Lewis – who, while serving with the Royal Engineers, was the first woman to operate as a bomb disposal officer – is called ‘It’s a Woman’s Life in the Army’. This light-hearted look at her 10 years in the army follows a career that includes time as a mountain expedition leader and an inspector of military prisons.
• Our third speaker is Sandra Simmonds who will be talking about ‘life under the veil’.
< Back to Message Board and News
Similar NewsGreater education needed to help tackle modern slavery
- More needs to be done to tackle an issue on everyone's doorstepDeposit Return Schemes
- Annual General Meeting 2017
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday 21June 2017 atTG supports call to educate primary-age pupils about FGM
- As a new curriculum is proposed for 2020, TG agrees with those who say that secondary school may be too late for some girlsToolbox: How to submit a mandate
- What to keep in mind when putting forward a topic for discussion at the AGM
Share this page: